Monday, February 16, 2009

Belleza!

I got a chance to hit the slopes this past weekend. Shreddin pow pow is south Spain who would've thunk it! The Sierra Nevada mountains really surprised me. Going skiing this weekend meant going back to visit Granada, and this time my high school buddy Josh Stansell was there. Granada is a pretty cool place. If you take Asheville and throw a bunch of college students at it and then add a couple thousand years of history and then move it to Spain you have Granada. We went to a tetreia on Friday night. A tetreia is a Moroccan/ Arab style restaurant, that specializes in Tea. We had to try the tea and hookah in this dim and rosy atmosphere. Getting to hang out with Josh reminded me of when I first moved to Greenville from Ohio. He and a few other neighborhood kids showed up at the door one day with BB guns and asked my mom if I was around because they wanted me to go hunt Sasquatch with them. ha! I was nice to grab some tapas with an old friend.
I also caught the Spin England match this past week. What a experience! Europeans are so serious about there futbol. We really have nothing that compares to it in the states. I'm so glad that I got the chance to experience this. The Spanish fans all cheered in unison, and the stadium was shaking like a Polaroid picture, but to be honest it gets louder in death valley back in tiger town. That being said it is still was quite the experience.
One really cool thing that they have in Spain and not in the states are huge light switches on the walls. These come in handy and should be adopted back home. Unfortunately I spent a few days over Christmas break changing the light switches in our house, so I don't think this would be very responsible move for the Clayton family.

Leo continues to make wonderful/large meals. I'm getter more chances to practice my spanish both at home and out and about, and I'm starting to loose the fear of messing up with the language, which I'm guessing must be necessary in getting better.

much love

-rob

Delight yourself in the Lord; and he will give you the desires of your heart

psalms 37:4

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthay Rob! Hope you're enjoying your trip. XXOO, Tim, Mary, Drew and Maggie

    ReplyDelete